TikTok is a video-sharing app offering a feed of curated content for its users. Creators and influencers need to follow trends and provide high-quality videos to get more views and increase their chance to go viral.
Recently, the app has become one of the most effective social media platforms for running a marketing campaign and hopping on trending topics.
However, many business owners still don’t know how the TikTok algorithm works. They often find it challenging to build their presence and achieve TikTok success.
Like other creators and influencers, business owners can start by aiming to get more views to achieve their goals. In this article, we’ll guide you through the twelve ways to get more views on TikTok.
1. Target Your Audience
Marketers should be aware of the TikTok demographics before publishing a video.
The application reached one billion active users in September 2021, with Gen Z and Millennials dominating its user base. The statistics show that 25% of active TikTok users are 10-19 years old, and 22.4% are 20-29 years old.
What’s more, TikTok has various subgenres, each of which has its own audience. Some TikTok users enjoy lip-sync videos, while others are interested in tutorials.
As the video topic is among the determining factors for the TikTok algorithm, each For You Page (FYP) is unique. It’s tailored based on the user’s interaction with the videos displayed on the page. Therefore, it is vital to choose a subgenre.
Once you have decided on it, research its popular accounts to see the content these creators make and if they utilize the same hashtag, sound, and trend. Use the findings to help with your content creation process.
2. Introduce Value to Your Content
The video completion rate is the most important factor for the TikTok algorithm. The higher the completion rate, or the longer people watch a TikTok video, the higher its chance to get promoted on other TikTok users’ FYP.
Therefore, making videos that people watch until the end is essential to every marketer.
Among the keys to achieving the perfect completion rate is to provide valuable content. The term refers to content pieces that people find informative, like tutorial videos, product reviews, and Q&A sessions.
Apart from generating more eyeballs, such content also has a higher chance to obtain more TikTok likes and shares.
3. Create Visually-Appealing Videos
Professional TikTok creators understand that the first impression matters. They ensure the best video quality to engage viewers in their first few seconds into a video. Furthermore, all of the viral TikTok content has high-quality footage.
For that reason, marketers should offer high-quality videos to boost their TikTok views. Here are some factors to consider for a more visually-appealing video:
- Good lighting. Ensure to have abundant lighting for the video, especially for indoor shots. Also, investing in a ring light can be a game-changer.
- High-quality sound. Use a mini-microphone and choose the right music for better results. In addition, be sure to remove as much of background noise as possible.
- Proper framing. The highest resolution for TikTok videos is 1080p, and the standard aspect ratio is 9:16. Keep these in mind to provide high-quality content for the best possible user experience.
In addition to the last bullet point, creators cannot upload a 4K video to TikTok. However, they can downscale such a video to 1080p and get better quality than the native 1080p videos. Wondershare Filmora and Adobe Premiere Pro are two of the best video editing tools to use.
4. Pay Attention to the Caption
A caption is a 150-character copy displayed at the bottom part of the screen. It should give context to a video, letting viewers know what to expect from it.
Captions can also trigger discussions in the comment section.
TikTok videos will play in a loop while users scroll through the comments, generating more views. Furthermore, it ensures completion rate, which will signal the TikTok algorithm to expand the video’s reach.
For that, content creators need to craft an inviting caption to help build suspense. Here are some tips:
- Ask a question. McDonald’s did a great job using the “Has this happened to anyone else?” caption in one of their videos. It encourages people to share their experiences in the comments.
- Tell real-life, relatable situations. Viral TikTok videos are often relatable, so don’t hesitate to include a short story in your caption.
- Make an inside joke with the existing audience. This is a great way to build relationships with your audiences. Such inclusivity can also attract more followers whom creators can nurture into loyal fans.
- Use caps. As they’re great for grabbing attention, use the uppercase letters effectively. For example, marketers can capitalize words like “free,” “giveaway,” and “discount.”
5. Add Hashtags to Your Videos
A hashtag is an essential part of today’s social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. It’s usually a word or a phrase to the right of the # symbol, for example, #comedy and #friendshipgoals.
Hashtags help the algorithm categorize content pieces so that people can discover relevant content with ease.
In the case of TikTok, the app will give more exposure to the videos using trending hashtags. Therefore, adding hashtags can help a video reach more of your followers and more people in general.
However, not all trending hashtags will be a good fit for a brand’s marketing campaign. Marketers should always consider their niche and target audience before adding a trending hashtag.
Find trending hashtags by going to the Discover tab. From there, marketers can select the most appropriate hashtag for their TikTok marketing campaign.
6. Use Trending Sounds
Like using viral hashtags, hopping on trending sounds can boost your views on TikTok. It’s because the app will most likely suggest other videos to people who have liked a video with the same song or sound effect.
There are two ways for finding trending songs on TikTok:
- Scroll through the Discover page. Look for the Trending Sound label to avoid confusion with trending hashtags.
- Tap the Create (+) button → Add Sound. From there, Tiktok users can go to the Viral section to find trending songs and sound effects.
7. Keep the Content Short
After the last update, users can upload a five-minute TikTok video. However, keeping the content short is the key to boosting its views.
Here are some reasons for keeping your TikTok videos short:
- Ensure completion rate. People are more willing to watch a short video as it doesn’t take much of their time. Also, the longer a video, the harder it is to keep them engaged.
- Encourage rewatches. Most viewers are more likely to watch shorter videos multiple times.
- Create FYP material. Due to the high completion rate and rewatches, a 15-second video will get a higher chance to wind up on people’s FYP than the three-minute ones.
8. Post at the Right Time
Creators may upload multiple videos per day but don’t get the expected number of views. Avoid that by uploading your content when your audience is active.
Like other platforms, TikTok has an analytic tool. To access it, go to your profile -> tap the three dots -> select Creator Tools -> Analytics. From there, navigate to the Followers section to gain insights into when they’re most active on TikTok.
The page also contains information about where your audience is from. It helps determine the best time to launch a video for people in different time zones, especially if you plan to upload more than one video per day.
9. Collaborate With Video Creators and TikTok Influencers
Hiring a video creator or a TikTok influencer is an easy way to reach a wider audience, get more views, and attract new followers.
A video creator will help you provide high-quality content. They know their way around the video production process, from preparing a script and plot points to choosing the right setting and adjusting magnificent lighting. On top of that, they usually have the best equipment for making videos.
For the latter, opting for influencers with loyal fans, called micro-influencers, is the way to go. As they’re more connected to their followers, they often have a higher engagement rate than celebrities.
10. Engage With Followers
This step is about building relationships with your fans. Some of the simplest ways to do that include replying to their comments and direct messages.
By consistently engaging with their followers, marketers can build a community or a support network for their brand.
Like having inside jokes, openness can foster inclusivity. Once viewers feel they belong to the community you build, they will be more loyal. Furthermore, it can lead to more likes, comments, and shares, which are essential for winning the social media platform algorithm.
11. Cross-Promote Your TikTok Videos
TikTok can be a great addition to a business’s omnichannel marketing strategy. Therefore, every business owner cannot miss promoting their new content on other social media platforms, including their business site.
Should you not want to come off too strong with hard-selling, try reposting the video on your Instagram story or posting about it on your Twitter. This is enough to inform everyone about your new TikTok account and invite them to check it out.
In addition, TikTok has been gaining traction on Pinterest. Therefore, be sure to post your content there to get more views and likes.
12. Optimize Your TikTok Profile
The profile page is one of the essential parts to take care of as it helps communicate what it is about. Also, optimizing the TikTok bio is vital as it creates your visitors’ first impressions.
Here are some tips for that:
- Use a clear username and display name. It sets the tone for your branding and is part of your profile identity. A clear name also helps the account show up for relevant keyword searches.
- Include a short description. It’s where you tell people about yourself and what you do. Be sure not to exceed the 80-character limit.
- Include a link. It helps drive traffic to other platforms, such as a business site, or a landing page. Alternatively, include a link to your best-performing post to reach more people.
- Add a call-to-action. The best place to include a CTA is before your link. Some of the excellent ones are “Say hi on Instagram,” “Shop the link below,” and “Watch our latest video on YouTube.”
Besides improving views, business owners can boost their brand awareness, generate qualified leads, and increase the return on investment.
Let’s have a recap of some of the best tips for how to get more views on TikTok:
- Target your audience. Consider the app’s demographics and subgenre to set the direction for your overall TikTok marketing strategies.
- Introduce value to your content. Value encourages people to watch an entire video. It’s vital as completion rate is the most important factor for generating more views on TikTok.
- Create high-quality videos. Visually appealing videos with high-quality sound, good lighting, and proper framing can boost rewatches, likes, and shares.
- Craft engaging captions. They can encourage viewers to hop on a discussion in the comments section, adding views to a video.
- Use trending hashtags. They can generate more TikTok views as its algorithm will show the video to people interested in a certain hashtag.
- Add trending sounds. They help get more TikTok views as the algorithm shows people more content using the same sound if they like it the first time.
- Keep the content short. It ensures completion rate, rewatches, and is FYP material.
- Post at the right time. TikTok analytics is a powerful tool to determine how many people are active during a specified time.
- Team up with professionals. Hiring Tiktok influencers or a videographer helps reach more people.
- Engage with followers. Like and reply to people’s comments and direct messages to make them feel welcomed.
- Cross-promote your TikTok videos. Once new content is posted, share it on your other social media platforms to boost its views.
- Optimize your TikTok bio. Be descriptive, include a CTA, and add links to drive traffic to your content.
Additionally, the platform offers the creator fund program to support top-tier creators. Users above 18 can register for this program once they’ve reached 100,000 views and 10,000 followers within the last 30 days.
Be sure to take advantage of the creator fund program and let TikTok pay you for your hard work.
Finally, we hope this guide helps deepen your understanding of how the TikTok algorithm works so that you don’t have to buy TikTok views. Should you still have any questions, share them with us in the comments. Good luck with your TikTok marketing!